Free off-peak membership for LJMU students
As a Liverpool John Moores University student, you can apply for free off-peak membership for Lifestyles Fitness Centres across Liverpool. Discounted peak-rate membership is also available for £9 per month by Direct Debit, or £90 per year.
Free off-peak membership
In order to qualify for the free off-peak membership you must complete the following 5 steps:
- Step 1: Be studying your programme at LJMU in Liverpool - students from partner colleges or other institutions are not eligible.
- Step 2: Complete your registration and enrolment for the current academic year - for new students, this means attending your enrolment session at your designated LJMU Library.
- Step 3: Complete the Lifestyles application form on the LJMU student intranet. Download the completed form to your mobile device.
- Step 4: Sign up to Lifestyles online and choose the membership agreement 'LJMU standard off-peak' and choose your preferred home club.
- Step 5: Visit any centre* and show your mobile device with completed LJMU form to reception - we'll tell you which email address to send your form to - this will depend on which centre you've chosen as your home club. We'll also ask to see your LJMU student card or staff ID as proof of identity. We'll take your photo and process your membership.
*Due to Covid-19 some centres may be closed. Check our customer information updates before you visit.
So don't waste your student loan by signing up for an expensive gym membership. Complete the steps above and get fit for free!
Existing members who want to upgrade
If you already have a valid free off-peak membership but would like to upgrade to the £9 per month or £90 annual membership, just select your chosen upgrade and complete the process online.
When you join online, select a centre and choose either:
- LJMU DD £9.00
- LJMU PP £90.00