Free swimming for children aged 16 and under this half term
This half term, swimming across our centres will be free to children aged 16 and under during public swim times, starting from Tuesday 30th May.
Swimming is a fun way to encourage children to be active and stay healthy - and to keep them busy over the school holidays.
Children aged 16 and under can swim for free from Tuesday 30th May to Sunday 4th June during public swim times across our centres. (All pools are closed bank holiday Monday 29th May)
Be sure to check public swim times on centre pages on the day you plan to visit.
To take part in the free swimming, all children must be registered to Lifestyles on a junior casual membership - this is a free membership and you will just need an email address and child's details to register. If your child is already registered with Lifestyles, you do not need to register again.
We recommend you register online to save time at the centre. To do this, select the button link below, choose a centre and select the 'Junior casual membership' option and follow the on screen instructions. You can use any pool once registered.
Register online for a junior casual membership
Pool safety rules
Before you attend, please be aware of our pool safety rules:
Children under age 4
- Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied in the water by a responsible adult aged 18 or over.
- Pool ratio under 4 years is 1 adult to 1 child.
Children under age 8
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied in the water by a responsible adult aged 18 or over.
- Pool ratio 4-7 years is 1 adult to 2 children
Children aged 8 and over
- Children aged 8 and over can enter the pool unaccompanied.
During busy times, there may be queuing systems in place to ensure pools do not become overcrowded.